Home Home Facebook Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Pinterest Home About Me My Classroom Teachers Parents Contact

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Brag Buttons

So I have been trying to figure out a way to REWARD my kids.

Pinterest gives a lot of great ideas, but I have been trying to think of a way to reward the whole class.

I was reading a lot about Brag Necklaces, Brag Tags, Brag Buttons but all of that was for individual achievement. So then I started thinking...why not make Brag Buttons as a class...

The class earns it when a certain skill/profile/etc is demonstrated, and I can pick an individual that demonstrated it best to wear it.You could make it for the learner profiles or life skills or whatever skill you want your class to focus on.

I picked 6 Learner Profiles (my school is IB) that I want to focus on. Each day I plan to focus on that profile and as a CLASS look for it being demonstrated. Throughout the day (especially when we leave our classroom) I plan to pick a profile that was used as a class (even ask the class which one was used) and then as a class pick someone to represent the class and wear it in the hallway. I am hoping as we walk to lunch etc other teachers and classes will see the button (*HINT HINT my WE friends) and will ask my student wearing the button to explain it.

There may be days we proudly wear all the buttons, two of the buttons, or just one. I will start out with one and take it from there. There may even be a day we wear NO brag buttons but that will be a class or teacher decision.   I think it's going to go GREAT! But we shall see!

Pack of design a buttons from Hobby Lobby (3 Large buttons for a $1.99), scrapbook paper, scissors, and glue, home printer

the 6 buttons I made (sorry can't get pic to rotate)
close up of one of the buttons

2 comments: